Our Virtual 5K/10K is a race that you complete where ever you would like. Choose your own route in your neighborhood or favorite park and run/walk/jog the distance to complete the virtual run.
The beauty of our virtual race is that you can run the race at your pace wherever you choose and still have the ability to connect with our national community by submitting your result to our national leader board or by making a social post using our hashtag.
1) Sign up for the virtual run and choose which distance (5K or 10K) you would like to complete.
2) Receive your event gear in the mail. It will be shipped to the address you sign up with.
3) Choose your own route in your neighborhood, favorite park, or whatever safe location you choose and run/walk/jog the distance to complete the virtual run any time during March.
4) Post your result! Click the results tab below to learn how.
Selecting a good course is a very important part of having a successful virtual run.
We suggest running your race day course multiple times prior to event weekend to make sure there are no dangerous road crossings. Be sure you have identified a landmark for your start and finish, as well as your mile markers. For example, when you reach the white fence, you know you have completed one mile. Using apps to record your distance can help make sure you get the most accurate time possible. Here are a few suggestions.
Strava is the top choice of many runners both casual and serious, because it shows how you compare to your friends. Strava is compatible with all the latest GPS watches making it a great choice.
RunKeeper is another great app to track your runs and helps keep you motivated. Each time you reach your goal, RunKeeper celebrates too with a trophy and confetti!
MapMyRun is great if you’re traveling and will be completing your run away from your usual routes. With MapMyRun you can map out your own course of follow a course that someone else has created.
-Team All Community Events
Still on the fence about running a virtual race? We found a great article with the top 10 reasons to run a virtual race: What is a Virtual 5K?.
1) Great Introduction to Running
2) Up at 6AM for A Race? I don’t think so Run At Your Own Time
3) No More Fighting to Find A Parking Spot
Welcome to the new All Community Events website. We’ve completely redesigned all of our event pages. We hope you like it! Check back soon for more blog posts featuring everything from event updates, food recipes, training tips and more.